Tuesday, September 15, 2015

This Week September 15

Hi Folks,

Yes!  The weather report for this Sunday is a mix of sun and clouds with highs in the upper 70's...perfect for our Outdoor Worship and Picnic, 11 A.M. at Pemberley (the parsonage), 160 Huntington Street.  We always have such a great time!  If you have not yet registered, please give the church office a call at 203-929-1223 so we can have enough burgers and hot dogs, $5 per individual, $10 per family.  Please bring a dish to share and a chair and/or blanket.  If by some slim chance it does rain, we will still be the same time and same place, just a little more cramped!

The scripture for Sunday is Mark 8:22-26.  The Sermon is "If At First You Don't Succeed...".

I am looking for a song request for the offering.  I have something picked out, but, if anyone has something that they would like me to sing instead, let me know.  Preferably something I have done previously or can learn quickly!!

Thanks to the Women's Fellowship for the beautiful bouquet of flowers I received today in honor of our 6th. anniversary together at HCCUCC.  Thank you all for your support and encouragement. You are a blessing to me and I love you.  I look forward to many more years in serving God together!

Let us pray.  Thank you, O God, for the years we have been together.  Thank you for the love, the laughter, and yes, even the tears.  May we continue to live and learn and grow, inspired by your vision and filled with your Spirit. Amen.

In Christ's love,
Rev. Lucille

No comments: